Thursday, April 4, 2013

Do Something...

This week is a time for all of us to take a sigh of relief, take our minds of academics, and have fun. It's also a time for me to take a break from my blog, but not without a few words.

We might have a break, but the millions of child laborers around the world don't suddenly get the week off. It's now, when we sit around with nothing to do, that we can think about them, and do what we can. Donate a few dollars. Maybe get involved in Free the Children's campaigns. Educate yourself a little more on this topic. That's where it all starts.

I'd like for you all to check out this website, DoSomething.org. It's a great way for us, the youth, to get involved in causes ranging from bullying to child abuse and exploitation. This was introduced to me by a friend who is part of our FTC club in school.

I'll see you next week, where I'll have a little more information about a specific campaign of Free the Children's, "We Are Silent." Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment